Time To Purchase Your Winter Share For 2015-16
Once again, we are pleased to offer our Winter Share for those of you who want the same great locally-produced, farm fare that you've been used to, during the cold winter months. Of course, it will still be seasonal eating, so we're not talking about melons in February. This is New England, and we're going to eat like it - that means potatoes, cabbage, carrots, squash, onions, leeks, beets, turnips, rutabagas, celeriac, kale, and collards. Our goal is to provide your family with a share of these crops into the winter.
Last winter we had a great experience with our Winter Share as over 200 families made their way through bins of carrots, cabbage, potatoes, and roots in the cellar (and they even picked kale in the snow). Overall, their evaluations were very positive and we've decided to basically keep the share the same for the coming winter.
Here's the other highlights, just so you remember:
1) Distributions take place every other week (Monday thru Sunday, December thru March) self-serve, directly out of the root cellar.
2) The share will be the same size as last year - targeted at a minimum of 30 lbs per month. Please remember that this is a share of the harvest (and the harvest hasn't happened yet) so quantities will vary.
4) The produce will not be washed (too cold for the farmers and the barn water pipes).
5) We will have other local products available for sale during distribution including eggs, yogurt, winter greens, and maple syrup.
And here's some Frequently Asked Questions:
1) Is the root cellar scary!? No. Well, it used to be. But now it has great lighting, easy to read signage, and a well-lit staircase!
2) Are there enough carrots? Yes! We finally got the message and made these a MUCH bigger part of the share (at least that's the plan). Last year we had over 10 lbs of huge delicious carrots per share per month.
3) What if it snows? We plow and sand our parking lot. We are also open for many hours each month and you can always double up on any distribution for one that you miss.
3) What if I don't eat potatoes, can I take other vegetables? Yes. While our share has guidelines, you can mix and match most items The exceptions are onions (limited) and squash (all distributed in December).
If you are interested in a Winter Share, please follow the directions below. All shares will be sold on a first come, first-served basis.
The cost of the winter share is $150
Here's how to purchase a winter share for the 2015 season:
*If you would like to purchase a winter share through our secure website, click on the button below
*If you would like to download a printable form, which you can fill out and send to the farm with a check, please click the button below.
If you have any questions or need more information about our winter share, please send an email to email@example.com or give me a call at (413)253-7991. Thank you for your continued support and I hope you will join us this winter.
Farmer Dan (for Karen, Abbe, Zoe, Claudia, Leila, and Will)