Pick Your Own (PYO)
hours and guidelines
- You may come to PYO any daylight hours, 7 days a week (not just Farm Shop Hours).
- Check the PYO board in the Farm Shop for picking conditions, locations, and amounts available per share.
- Try to avoid rainy days (as water helps spread plant yuk (technical term!!).
- Boston Shareholders are welcome to come to the farm and PYO anytime (at no charge) - just follow the signs in the Farm Shop.
- Dogs are allowed on leash on the edges of the PYO fields, but please do not bring them into the rows of crops.
- Farm Animals: Our pigs and sometimes our calves and chickens are available for visiting. You are encouraged to throw your compost scraps to the pigs. Please visit all farm animals from the human side of the fence!!
New this year - folks with Senior Shares are entitled to use their personal vehicles on farm roads on Sundays (following signs for clues as to traffic flow). We'd like to keep accidents to a minimum by ensuring that no other personal vehicles are driven around farm roads. If you do not have a Senior Share, please park in the parking lot and then walk to the fields.
Conditions and Notes
(updated Monday December 4, 2017)
KALE AND COLLARDS
2 bunches per share
Available in the Lower Field - straight back near the trees behind the barn.
The Collards are quite damaged by cabbage loopers. Still tasty but very tattered. The Kale is plentiful and has the texture of Kale that has been frozen, but so so sweet. We consider this good quality for winter field Kale!