Pick Your Own (PYO)
hours and guidelines
- You may come to PYO any daylight hours, 7 days a week (not just Farm Shop Hours).
- Check the PYO board in the Farm Shop for picking conditions, locations, and amounts available per share.
- Try to avoid rainy days (as water helps spread plant yuk (technical term!!).
- Boston Shareholders are welcome to come to the farm and PYO anytime (at no charge) - just follow the signs in the Farm Shop.
- Dogs are allowed on leash on the edges of the PYO fields, but please do not bring them into the rows of crops.
- Farm Animals: Our pigs and sometimes our calves and chickens are available for visiting. You are encouraged to throw your compost scraps to the pigs. Please visit all farm animals from the human side of the fence!!
New this year - folks with Senior Shares are entitled to use their personal vehicles on farm roads on Sundays (following signs for clues as to traffic flow). We'd like to keep accidents to a minimum by ensuring that no other personal vehicles are driven around farm roads. If you do not have a Senior Share, please park in the parking lot and then walk to the fields.
Conditions and Notes
(updated Saturday August 19, 2017)
1 / 4 bag per share
Some of this crop has been removed due to late blight. The rest though, are sweet and tasty!
1/2 pint per share
high season - 1 bunch / share
Basil, Dill, Cilantro
take what you need
It's a great time to make pesto!!
Oregano and Tarragon, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Chives, Savory, Chamomile, Anise Hyssop, Borage and more!
Take what you need.
(It's a great time to bunch herbs for drying for winter!!!)
Your cat will thank you! Or make yourself a lovely tea.